THE SAPPHIRES AT THE CLOCKTOWER
A production by Christine Harris and HIT Productions
The Sapphires is one of the Australia’s best-loved stories. Winning multiple awards as a play, film and soundtrack album.
Four young Aboriginal women from regional Australia, who like singing country music,
suddenly get the chance to change their tune and their lives. Wearing sequins, armed only with microphones they find themselves trying to spread joy in the hell that is the Vietnam War.
The Sapphires is a funny, heart-warming tale inspired by the true story of four Yorta Yorta
Women, who sing classic soul hits against the backdrop of personal change and massive social upheaval. It is an energetic, fun, and engaging play that affirms life and the of dreams.
- Producer: Christine Harris and HIT Productions
- Writer and Director: Tony Briggs
- Musical Director: Nathanial Andrew
- Band Leader: Hamish Jetson
- Set and LX Designer: Mark Howett
- Choreographer: Leonard Mickelo
Find out more or book tickets here: https://clocktowercentre.com.au/the-sapphires/